Last Updated: October 23, 2019
UNBALANCE CORPORATION (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") handles the personal information (contains personal data as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as "GDPR"), hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information") that you provide in accordance with the following policy.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Obtaining Personal Information.
The Company, with the consent of the user, will obtain the Personal Information from the user in a fair manner if:
- the Personal Information is entered by the user through the terminal operation when using a service provided by the Company;
- the Personal Information is automatically sent as the user uses the Company services; or
- the Personal Information is received from a third party with the consent of the user or other legally ways.
Use of Personal Information
The Company uses the Personal Information for the purposes set forth below, using the user's consent as the basis for legitimacy. In addition, if the Personal Information is to be used for purposes other than those set forth below, it will be individually disclosed or notified when it is acquired. Notwithstanding the above, if there is a separate provision on the purpose of use of the personal information provided by a third party, such provision shall be followed.
- To provide and improve the services provided by the Company;
- For the planning, development, and sales of new services of the Company;
- For R&D related to the services provided by the Company;
- For the research, analysis and marketing of the usage of the services provided by the Company;
- To introduce or announce events and provide various information;
- To respond to user inquiries; and
- To safely provide the services provided by the Company.
The user may revoke the consent referred to in the preceding paragraph at any time. If a user withdrew the consent, the user may not be able to use all or part of the services provided by the Company.
The Company shall specify a retention period for the Personal Information within the scope necessary for the purpose of use, and shall delete or dispose of the Personal Information in an appropriate manner without delay after the retention period expires or after the purpose of use is achieved.
Safety Management Measures
The Company will take necessary and appropriate security management measures and strive to improve them in order to prevent the leakage, loss and damage of this Personal Information.
Supervision of Employees and Contractors
The Company shall assign a person responsible for the management of the Personal Information to each division handling the Personal Information, and the person responsible for the management shall manage the Personal Information appropriately.
Only the officers and employees who have the authority to access the Personal Information and have received appropriate training will handle the Personal Information.
The Company may entrust a third party to handle the Personal Information within the scope necessary for the purpose of use of the Personal Information. In such a case, the Company shall oblige the contractor contractually or otherwise to handle the Personal Information appropriately, and shall supervise the contractor in a necessary and appropriate manner.
Consent to Provide to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose or provide Personal Information to a third party without the consent of the user, except as permitted by law or in any of the following cases:
- When it is necessary for the performance of obligations under laws and regulations;
- When the Company deems it appropriate to respond by a third party (including our group company) in light of the user's inquiry;
- When the Company has received a request, etc. from a court, public prosecutor's office, police, bar association, consumer center, or equivalent organization, group or individual;
- When there is a justifiable reason such as that it is found necessary for the protection of the life, property or reputation of the user who provided this Personal Information or a third party other than the user; or
- When the Personal Information is used in a manner that does not allow the recipient to identify the individual.
Handling of Cookie Information, etc.
The Company may use Cookie, Web Beacon, and other similar technologies on the Company websites as follows: In either case, the collected information does not include new personal information, but may be used in connection with the Personal Information already provided.
- Cookie is a technology that stores information such as website usage history on customers' computers.
The Cookie saved when a customer visits the Company websites is primarily used to collect information for more convenient use of the Company websites and services and to distribute advertisements effectively through third-party service providers.
Depending on the function of your browser, you can select settings such as "Delete saved Cookie" or "Do not allow Cookie". However, if you delete stored Cookie or choose to disable the Cookie function, some functions may be restricted on websites or services provided by the Company or third parties.
- Web Beacon
The main purpose of using Web Beacon is to statistically understand the usage of a specific web page and use it to improve services.
Advertising by Third Party Service Providers
The Company commissions third-party service providers to distribute advertisements on various sites on the Internet. Such third-party service providers may recognize Cookie information when users visit the Company websites and distribute the Company advertisements. The use of Cookie by third party service providers commissioned by the Company will not allow the third party service providers to obtain your personal information.
Some third-party service providers may uniquely disclose the means of disabling their advertising distribution services that use Cookie.
Inquiries concerning Personal Information
The Company will make continuous efforts to improve the handling of the Personal Information through the development and review of internal rules and the implementation of education.
GDPR Responses to EU Users
The rights of EU users
- Right to access the user's personal information retained by the Company;
- Right to have incorrect personal information corrected;
- Right to have personal information deleted in certain cases;
- Right to restrict the use of the user's personal information in certain cases;
- Right to object to the use of the user's personal information by the Company; and
- Right to receive the user's personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable form and to transfer it to other data controller than the Company in certain cases.
Objections and complaints to EU Regulators etc.
Users may file an appeal against the handling of personal information by the Company to regulatory authorities such as national, regional or international organizations in accordance with GDPR.
Users can also submit questions, comments, or complaints to the Company's Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The rationale for the process of data
The Company will process the Personal Information of EU users on one or more of the grounds set forth in the GDPR. The details of the rationale are as follows:
The process is required to provide the services and functions requested by the user.
The Company needs to collect and use specific information to provide its services.
The process is required to protect the significant interests of the Company's users or third parties.
The Company may process personal information, including by disclosing data to law enforcement agencies, if the security of users or third parties is threatened.
The process is necessary to protect the Company's legitimate interests.
The Company collects and uses the Personal Information only to the extent necessary to protect the Company's legitimate interests. This includes the collection and use of information to:
Prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent activities related to the Company services. For example, this Personal Information is used by the Company or other users;
Respond appropriately to user inquiries;
Conduct research and analysis. This includes analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and to make the services provided by the Company safer and more secure;
Implement direct marketing. This includes analyzing data to identify trends and customize marketing messages to meet user demand; or
The process is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of third parties.
The Company collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary to protect the interests of third parties or the public. This includes sharing information on legal claims and other matters to protect the rights and safety of third parties.
In addition to the foregoing, the Company may process personal information under applicable law when necessary in respect of material public interest.
The process is necessary for the Company to meet its legal obligations.
To comply with all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the Company, the Company uses your information to the extent such laws and regulations apply to your use of the Company services. The Company may also share this Personal Information or other third party requests with law enforcement agencies in accordance with legal procedures.
The Company may collect and use the user's information based on his/her consent. The user may cancel the consent at any time. If a user withdrew the consent, the user may not be able to use the services (or functions), which require the collection or use of the information collected or used by the Company based on the consent of the user.